Convert HTML To Text rule doesn't work as expected

Bart Smit mailscanner at SMITS.CO.UK
Tue Sep 27 08:03:41 IST 2005

> >> So... if I have this correct.
> >>
> >> Do not strip html
> >> Unless to recipient.domain except if from sender.domain.
> >>
> >> So surely the rules need to be...
> >>
> >> From: sender at sender.domain no
> >> To: *@recipient.domain yes
> >> FromOrTo: default  no
>
> > I prefer to exclude senders by IP address, since this is
> > harder to spoof.
> > Even if the rule didn't allow selection by IP, then the
> > To:  recipient at recipient.domain  no
> > line should ensure that the recipient gets all emails with
> > HTML included.
> > This is the first thing I tried.
> >
> > I get the feeling that the selection by recipient domain rule
> > takes precedence over all other rules.
>
> No, they should be applied in order, until a match is found.
>
> I'm confused - you say in your original message that email *from* a
> particular sending domain should be left intact, but now you are talking
> about excluding email *to* a particular recipient.
>
> Can you clarify what you are trying to achieve?
>
> Stef

Sorry to confuse you; both aspects of the message should lead to the message
staying intact. I.e. I know the source domain of the emails and I know the
recipient for them. These are reports generated by a web server that always
go to the same recipient. The HTML stripping makes them all but undecipherable.

I also think that the rules are applied in order but this just doesn't seem
to be the case; the first rule should cause the message to be exempted from
HTML stripping but it is still stripped.

Bart...