MailScanner not sending mail to /var/spool/mqueue

Scott Silva ssilva at SGVWATER.COM
Thu Sep 8 18:55:11 IST 2005

lester lasad spake the following on 9/8/2005 10:43 AM:
> MailScanner version 4.41.3
> Fedora Core 2
> spamassassin 3.0.3
>
> I have had this problem several times in the past.
> Mail is being accepted by my MS server but it is not
> transferring email from /var/spool/mqueue.in to
> /var/spool/mqueue.  This causes a major backup on my
> mail system.  I have bounced the server several times
> and stopped and started MS but the problem still
> exists.  Based off of past experience it will probably
> start working on it's own pretty soon but this has
> been an issue for the past 10 hours.  I am forced to
> move the queued messages from /var/spool/mqueue.in to
> /var/spool/mqueue which also lets all the spam thru
> because the spam checks are not being done.
>
> Does anyone have any insight as to why this happens.
> MS is a great product but I can't keep allowing this
> to happen from time to time.  I've got over 3000 users
> and  it can get pretty nasty around here when this
> problem occurs.  Thanks to anyone that may be able to
> provide some insight.
>
> I'm crunching time right now... so if anyone needs
> additional info please let me know and I will provide
> it.
Which MTA? Sendmail? Postfix? Exim? ...?
If you just move the oldest file in mqueue.in will it start up?
Any clues in the log?

--

| MailScanner; The best |___________ \N1____====== )-+
| protection on the net!|                   ~~~|/~~  |