Feature request: Overloading Whitelists/Blacklists

Joost Waversveld joost at WAVERSVELD.NL
Thu Sep 8 18:43:53 IST 2005

> The answer to your question is all in
> /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/CustomConfig.pm. There is code in
> there to provide per-user and per-domain white and black-lists. It's
> all obvious in that file, it gives you instructions on what to set in
> your MailScanner.conf and how to lay out the files.
>
> You can then just build the files from a database on a regular basis,
> and kill -HUP (or service MailScanner reload) to tell MailScanner to
> re-read all the files. It caches the files internally which makes it
> a whole lot faster!
>
> This method is heaps faster than using a large conventional ruleset.
>
> It would be really helpful if you could log what you did into the
> wiki so that the instructions are there for others.
>
> If you have problems setting it up, just shout for help.

Thanx for the very quick answers... I've tried it out and it's working
now! It's
really great!

I did not know of the existence of that file... When I scrolled through
it I saw
more great functions.

I'll update the wiki later this evening... Then I have some time...

Thanx,

Joost Waversveld