MailScanner not sending mail to /var/spool/mqueue

lester lasad llasad1 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Sep 8 18:43:15 IST 2005

MailScanner version 4.41.3
Fedora Core 2
spamassassin 3.0.3

I have had this problem several times in the past.
Mail is being accepted by my MS server but it is not
transferring email from /var/spool/mqueue.in to
/var/spool/mqueue.  This causes a major backup on my
mail system.  I have bounced the server several times
and stopped and started MS but the problem still
exists.  Based off of past experience it will probably
start working on it's own pretty soon but this has
been an issue for the past 10 hours.  I am forced to
move the queued messages from /var/spool/mqueue.in to
/var/spool/mqueue which also lets all the spam thru
because the spam checks are not being done.

Does anyone have any insight as to why this happens.
MS is a great product but I can't keep allowing this
to happen from time to time.  I've got over 3000 users
and  it can get pretty nasty around here when this
problem occurs.  Thanks to anyone that may be able to
provide some insight.

I'm crunching time right now... so if anyone needs
additional info please let me know and I will provide
it.