mailscanner with spamassassin : error on subject with [SPAM]

Benoit Guguin liste at ALIXEN.FR
Thu Sep 1 15:15:53 IST 2005

Hello,

I have a little probleme. I m using postfix with mailscanner,
spamassassin and clamav.

Some mails are receive with a subject  [SPAM] other_thing.   And
effectively it's some spam.
But the users of the server receive them in their mailboxes ...

So to workaround this probleme I have add in spam.assassin.prefs.conf
(like the mailscanner wiki says) these lines :

    describe UDES_HEADER Check_header_content_SPA
    header UDES_HEADER Subject =~ /SPAM/i
    score UDES_HEADER 100.0

After restarting MailScanner,  Mails with the string SPAM in their
subject are correctly detected.

But (something made me crazy) Mails with in their subject [SPAM] are
send in the user's mailboxes *without* the string [SPAM] in their
subject ....

I have also test, for same effect, with this :
    describe UDES_HEADER Check_header_content_SPA
    header UDES_HEADER Subject =~ /\[SPAM\]/i
    score UDES_HEADER 100.0

    describe UDES_HEADER Check_header_content_SPA
    header UDES_HEADER Subject =~ /.*SPAM.*/i
    score UDES_HEADER 100.0

Any idea please ?

thank you in advance

Regards,

--
Guguin Benoit
Société Alixen 2 rue Jean Rostand 91 893 Orsay Cedex France