How to debug IPBlock?

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at COLBY.EDU
Wed Oct 26 17:56:02 IST 2005

Julian,

    I discovered that I was getting syslog entries like:

IPBlock: Cannot open /var/spool/MailScanner/IPBlock.log for writing

My /var/spool/MailScanner directory is chmod 700, owner root, group
other.  I touched IPBlock.log to create it and set perms to 666,
but no luck.

Also, a minor point...  The syslog says:

Read 115 IP blocking whitelist entries from /etc/MailScanner/IPBlock.conf
                      ^^^^^^^^^

Ummm, I always viewed IPBlock as a blacklist, not a whitelist...
How about just "IP blocking entries"?

Otherwise still puzzled...

Jeff Earickson
Colby College