How to debug IPBlock?

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at COLBY.EDU
Wed Oct 26 17:41:43 IST 2005

Julian,

I spoke too soon about IPBlock.  We got slammed by one IP
number last night and no blocks.  If IPBlock had worked right,
one poor slob would not have gotten 2500 "Lender of last Resort"
messages from a mailing list run amok.  I've stared at my crontabs,
checked my IPBlock.conf file, looked at the IPBlock code
in lib/MailScanner (and uncommented the logfile stuff there).
I find zilch in IPBlock.log after I turned it on.  I also get
zero info out of a debug run.   How to debug this?

My setup: Solaris 9, 4.46.2, sendmail 8.13.5.

Also, could the final "Delivered" message have a timer on it?
Instead of

    Uninfected: Delivered 10 messages

could it say instead:

    Uninfected: Delivered 10 messages in 3.42 seconds

Jeff Earickson
Colby College