DCC install not going well

Chris W. Parker cparker at SWATGEAR.COM
Tue Oct 25 19:50:57 IST 2005

Hello,

I am (trying) to follow along with
http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:anti_spam:spamass
assin:plugins:dcc:dccifd_install but I seem to have done something
wrong. Possibly downloaded the wrong package or what I don't know.

I downloaded dcc.tar.Z from www.dcc-servers.net/dcc/. I unpacked it and
ran ./configure, make, and make install ''. There was an error with make
install '' so I did just make install and that seemed to work.

When I ran ./configure I got the following message:

look for sendmail milter library in
./../sendmail/obj.Linux.2.6.9-11.EL.i686
        *** cannot build dccm without sendmail headers in ./../sendmail
                and libraries in
./../sendmail/obj.Linux.2.6.9-11.EL.i686 ***

I have no idea what this means so I went ahead (as indicated above) and
ran install and make install anyway since I thought maybe that message
was just a defualt message and not necessarily an error.

Then I turned on debugging for both MailScanner and Spamassassin and
restarted MailScanner but I never saw any messages regarding DCC.

In /etc/mail/spamassassin/init.pre I have the following line
uncommented:

loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::DCC

In /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf I have the following:

dcc_path /usr/local/bin/dccproc

# To stop DCC checks, uncomment the following line
#  use_dcc              0

When I go to /usr/local/bin/ I see that cdcc and dccproc are white with
a red background. What does that mean?

MailScanner -V output:

Linux filter.swatgear.com 2.6.9-11.EL #1 Wed Jun 8 16:59:52 CDT 2005
i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
This is CentOS release 4.1 (Final)
This is Perl version 5.008005 (5.8.5)

This is MailScanner version 4.46.2