Problems with wiki

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at GMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 25 15:46:20 IST 2005

On 25/10/05, Lance Haig <lhaig at haigmail.com> wrote:
>  Glenn I am so glad you guys know what you are talking about. :-)
>
>  I got lost there and will need to read this again later when I am not so
> run down :-)
>
>  Lance
>
>  Glenn Steen wrote:
>  On 25/10/05, Julian Field <MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
(snip)
> You could actually do a stopgap thing to help Lance though. You two
> should get together off-list and decide a password for him, then you
> could use plain ol' linux crypt to generate the "salted MD5"... If
> your boxes have MD5 passwords it'd just eb to set that password on
> some stray user, then copy'n'paste the cipher-string from the shadow
> file into the conf/users.auth.php file. Would solve the immediate
> problem and push the need for updates a bit further into the future.

This is the bit I think you and Jules should concern yourself with ...
No real need for you (Lance) to wade through the rest:-).

Basically: Mail Jules at his off-list address and tell him what you'd
like your new password to be, then it'll be up to him to find the time
to actually generate that password and put it into the correct place.

And when DokuWiki has gotten all the new (*shiny*:-) features into
it's stable branch, then we'll worry about updating it.

--
-- Glenn