Warnings on lint test

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Oct 24 17:28:26 IST 2005

Matt Kettler wrote:

>Johnny Stork wrote:
>

>>I have a clean RHES 4 install and the latest Mailscanner. I just went
>>through the installs for razor, payzor and dcc but get these warnings on
>>the lint test for spamassassin? The paths and settings below seem fine
>>in the config file so I dont know whats causing these?
>>
>>[20054] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping: dcc_path
>>/usr/local/bin/dccproc
>>[20054] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping: razor_timeout 10
>>

>Razor and DCC are now plugins with SA 3.1.0 and are disabled by default.
>
>Per the UPGRADE document in SA 3.1.0:
>
>- Due to license restrictions the DCC and Razor2 plugins are disabled
>  by default.  We encourage you to read the appropriate license
>  yourself and decide if you are able to re-enable the plugins for
>  your site.
>
>You can find the plugin commands in /etc/mail/spamassassin/v310.pre
>

>>[20054] warn: config: warning: score set for non-existent rule RCVD_IN_RSL
>>

>RCVD_IN_RSL no longer exists in SA 3.1.0, because the RBL went down. Remove the
>"score" command for it from your spam.assassin.prefs.conf.
>
>(Julian added a "score RCVD_IN_RSL 0" to disable this RBL automatically for
>users of SA 3.0.x, but it's now obsolete)

If people would use my easy-to-install ClamAV + SA installation package,
they wouldn't be asking this question over and over again.

The end of the install.sh script tells you to do this lot:

  echo 'Now go and find your init.pre file, which may well be in the'
  echo '/etc/mail/spamassassin directory. You need to save a copy of'
  echo 'your old init.pre file and rename the v310.pre file to init.pre'
  echo
  echo 'You then need to edit the new init.pre file and uncomment'
  echo '(remove the #) the loadplugin lines for DCC and Razor2.'

(You don't actually need to rename it I discovered recently. Working
with v310.pre is just fine)

echo 'Also add these lines to the end of it:'
echo 'loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::RelayCountry'
echo 'loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::SPF'
echo 'loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URIDNSBL'

Just fixing the comments for DCC and Razor2 is not enough, you will miss
3 more plugins, at least 1 of which is *very* important (URIDNSBL).

Can someone make sure this is in the wiki please? This is currently the
most asked question.

- --
Julian Field

believed to be clean.