ending the spam.assassin.prefs.conf madness.

Rick Cooper rcooper at DWFORD.COM
Tue Nov 22 17:21:02 GMT 2005

[...]

> While this is very slick and would work.  I think it is more
> complicated than is needed.  I also think it has the disadvantage of
> 'hiding' what is going on under the bonnet.
>
> With the link solution it would be very obvious to me what was going
> on, whether I was checking out a problem from a SA perspective or a
> MS perspective.

I duno about slick but simple is always nice. This was just a possible
response to someone's desire to keep the preferences in
spam.assassain.prefs.conf from overriding some of the items in the normal
local.cf which placing the link in the site rules dir would do. Personally I
will do what works best for my situation regardless, I still have two
patches I have to apply to each MailScanner release anyway so adding a third
if I had to wouldn't matter much to me. My thing is just offering practical
examples of a solution(s)) when Julian hits one of these kinds of
situations... Kind of like that whole panda_wrapper thing... I don't even
use pavcl my self.

The link solution seems best to me just thinking about --lint(ing) any
changes since you would have to either run spamassassin --lint twice or have
MailScanner do it's own lint if spam.assassin.prefs.conf were to be
separated from the normal site rules dir.

Rick

believed to be clean.