spam.assassin.prefs.conf contents

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Nov 22 18:03:46 GMT 2005

I have tried to split this conversation into a couple of separate
threads, so we can all understand where everything is going.

Here are all the current settings in spam.assassin.prefs.conf.
Please tell me what settings you think should be removed.
I am assuming at the point that we keep all of it in 1 file. 1 versus 2
files can go in a separate thread.

What of the following settings should definitely be removed?
What settings should be added or changed?
Please post comments in-line in the posting, don't top post in this thread.
Please note these are supposed to produce a good setup on a
vaguely-sensibly setup novice system. e.g. How many people run a mail
server without DNS? The number has got to be vanishingly small. Please
state your reasons for any additions/removals/changes.

dns_available yes
ok_locales              en
bayes_file_mode 0770
bayes_ignore_header X-YOURDOMAIN-COM-MailScanner
bayes_ignore_header X-YOURDOMAIN-COM-MailScanner-SpamCheck
bayes_ignore_header X-YOURDOMAIN-COM-MailScanner-SpamScore
bayes_ignore_header X-YOURDOMAIN-COM-MailScanner-Information
lock_method flock
use_auto_whitelist 0
pyzor_path /usr/bin/pyzor
dcc_path /usr/local/bin/dccproc
rbl_timeout 20
razor_timeout 10
pyzor_timeout 10
envelope_sender_header X-MailScanner-From

header   FRIEND_GREETINGS       Subject =~ /you have an E-Card from/i
describe FRIEND_GREETINGS       Nasty E-card from FriendGreetings.com
score    FRIEND_GREETINGS       100.0
header   FRIEND_GREETINGS2      Subject =~ /you have a greeting card from/i
describe FRIEND_GREETINGS2      Nasty E-card from FriendGreetings.com
score    FRIEND_GREETINGS2      100.0

uri             IE_VULN         /%([01][0-9a-f]|7f).*@/i
score           IE_VULN         100.0
describe        IE_VULN         Internet Explorer vulnerability

score RCVD_IN_RSL 0

--
Julian Field

believed to be clean.