ending the spam.assassin.prefs.conf madness.

Anthony Peacock a.peacock at CHIME.UCL.AC.UK
Tue Nov 22 16:28:47 GMT 2005

> On 22 Nov 2005, at 16:15, Anthony Peacock wrote:
>
> > Hi,

> >> I think having 2 files would be more complicated than absolutely
> >> necessary.
> >
> > Fair enough.

> >> Should the real file be spam.assassin.prefs.conf or mailscanner.cf?
> >> I am in favour of the real file being spam.assassin.prefs.conf and
> >> the link being mailscanner.cf. That keeps the RPM installer simpler
> >> too.
> >
> > From my perspective it wouldn't make any difference.  So I would go
> > with what made the installer easier.
>
> Okay, that's made Anthony happy with a "1 soft link" solution.
>
> ln -s -f <mailscanneretc>/spam.assassin.prefs.conf <site_rules_path>/
> mailscanner.cf

Not so fast that man :-)

Dhawal's post has just reminded me why I had it in my mind that the
two separate files was a better option.

I think a soft link would only be an option, if MailScanner stopped
using the spam.assassin.prefs file itself.

--
Anthony Peacock
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any