message from mailscanner: ignoring text in character set

Warren Burstein warren at SOFTOV.CO.IL
Wed Nov 9 12:22:59 GMT 2005

I'm running MailScanner-4.47.4-2 on  CentOS release 3.4 (which I
understand is a derivative of Redhat Enterprise Edition).

When I run MailScanner in Debug mode, if a message is in the queue with
a subject containing text in windows-1255, I see the following message:

ignoring text in character set `WINDOWS-1255'
 at /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Sendmail.pm line 359

I searched the archives and found in
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A2=ind02&L=MAILSCANNER&P=R309317&I=-3
that there was a similar message in 2002 regarding windows-1252, and it
was fixed.  I also read that this was not something to worry about, so
I'm not worrying, but I like to get rid of error messages so that if
there is a real problem it will stand out.

So, if anyone remembers what was done to make this work for
windows-1252, could you tell me, and I'll see if I can do likewise for 1255?

thanks