sophos-wrapper IDE directory

Pentland G. G.Pentland at SOTON.AC.UK
Wed Nov 9 12:28:20 GMT 2005

MailScanner mailing list wrote:
> I notice that the sophos-autoupdate script also looks in this
> directory.

Yes it does...

> I don't use this to update as I am using the EM Library
> to manage updates across the department.

That'll be the difference...

Ignore the fact that I have /opt/local/sophos for my $PackageDir, which
is a link to the installed version...

$ ls -l /opt/local/sophos
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 10 Nov  9 10:30 /opt/local/sophos -> sophos.397
$ ls -l /opt/local/sophos.397/
total 28
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 12288 Nov  9 12:01 397.200511091201
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root  4096 Sep 14 10:19 bin
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root    34 Nov  9 12:01 ide ->
/opt/local/sophos/397.200511091201
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root  4096 Sep 14 10:37 lib

The "ide" link is created by the update script after it has downloaded
the IDE files and put them in the <version>.<timestamp> directory.

> My question is, does other installs of Sophos put the IDE files in
> the ide directory?  In which case should there be some form of check
> for OS?  If this is the default for all installs, can the sophos-
> wrapper script be updated to reflect this?

I'd suggest that the existing wrapper script be left as-is but there is
potential for an additional one for use with SophosEM.

just my 2c,

Gary