SpamAssassin still isn't upgraded

Scott Silva ssilva at SGVWATER.COM
Wed May 18 20:48:04 IST 2005

Remco Barendse wrote:
> Yes, and I was 100% sure that my other boxes did not have multiple perl
> installations either.
>
> [root at ms]# /usr/bin/perl -v
> This is perl, v5.8.5 built for i386-linux-thread-multi
>
> [root at ms]# perl -v
> This is perl, v5.8.5 built for i386-linux-thread-multi
>
> Strange isn't it?
>

> On Wed, 18 May 2005, Julian Field wrote:
>
>> Usual cause is multiple perl installations.
>>
>> Does
>> /usr/bin/perl -v
>> report the same as
>> perl -v
>> ?
>>
>> On 18 May 2005, at 10:33, Remco Barendse wrote:
>>
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> I recently did a complete new install of CentOS 4 and SA 3.02
>>>
>>> I tried using the MS tarball to upgrade to SpamAss 3.03 but again
>>> the script
>>> reports I already have 3.03 installed whereas MailScanner -v really
>>> shows that
>>> 3.02 is installed.
>>>
>>> Any ideas why this problem keeps coming up?

I had this problem with the script also, I just broke out the tar for
Spamassassin and installed it.
My script skills are not good enough to debug this.
For some reason the script doesn't get the proper version, and only on
spamassassin.
Maybe the script could just parse the output of spamassassin --version?
Or just force the install like ClamAV is.

--
| A beer doesn't get  >--|===`-----'I `---' I |  |:
| upset if you come  /  _ \         I       I |  |:'
| home with another /  (   `-,----============:__;:
:/