bayes DB not growing

Kristian Shaw mailscanner at WEALDCLOSE.CO.UK
Wed May 18 19:42:04 IST 2005

Hello,

I experienced a similar problem this week - my bayes database didn't appear
to be learning new messages even though I wasn't getting any errors. The
database was well established (>6 months old) and I was seeing bayes scores
in spam reports.

In the end I did a backup of the bayes database, removed the bayes files
from ~/.spamassassin and then did a restore.

After that, I've been seeing learning activity (nham/nspam increasing). I
assume that the backup/restore rebuilt a clean database without whatever
error it had before.

Regards,

Kris.