All zip files are being blocked

Mon Mar 28 11:06:06 IST 2005

Hi!

>> You need to look at the detailed report line in the Attachment-Warning
>> file which replaces the zip file, so you can see exactly why it is being
>> trapped.

> The email had a zip file attachment which contained outlook.pst. The
> attachment warning file reads,
>

> At Mon Mar 28 14:33:10 2005 the virus scanner said:

>>> These days any email recd with a zip file attachment is rejected.
>>> The zip file usually has js, outlook.pst, doc, excel files.
>>>

>>> What setting do I need to change without comprimising on security?

# The maximum depth to which zip archives will be unpacked, to allow for
# checking filenames and filetypes within zip archives.
#
# Note: This setting does *not* affect virus scanning in archives at all.
#
# To disable this feature set this to 0.
# A common useful setting is this option = 0, and Allow Password-Protected
# Archives = no. That block password-protected archives but does not do
# any filename/filetype checks on the files within the archive.
Maximum Archive Depth = 0

What do you have there?

Bye,
Raymond.