Whitelist working strangely

Dennis Willson taz at TAZ-MANIA.COM
Tue Mar 22 02:07:55 GMT 2005

I recently downloaded the latest version of MailScanner and built a whole
new system to replace my old one.
I noticed that the whitelist works differently than it used to. While it
doesn't mark anything on the list as spam,
it still sends it to SpamAssassin to be scanned. Why do that if the email
is whitelisted? The old one didn't This
seems like a waste of CPU cycles. I searched the archives and didn't seen
anything about this (however I could
have missed it). Do I have the new MailScanner configured incorrectly, am
I missing something or is this a bug?

I would think that if somethings whitelisted, it should only be scanned
for Viruses and not for Spam, no blacklist
lookup, SpamAssassin or MCP. Use the minimum CPU cycles possible for
something that's whitelisted.

Thanks for any help

[IMAGE] Dennis Willson
taz at taz-mania.com
taz at scubatech.org

www.taz-mania.com

Ham: KA6LSW
GMRS: WPSJ953
SCUBA: Rescue, Wreck, Night, EANx, Nitrox Blender, UW Photographer,
Equip, Altitude

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
safely in a nice looking and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming,
"WOW! WHAT A RIDE!"