Multiple Patterns In Rules

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Mar 19 11:44:06 GMT 2005

Try this, as a slightly different view of the problem:

FromOrTo: user at domain.com and FromOrTo: archive at domain.com /dev/null
FromOrTo: user at domain.com archive at domain.com

will nearly work, but unfortunately I have set the "Archive Mail"
setting to store to all matching rules, and not just the first one.
Which breaks this. And yes, I know that the configuration compiler could
be better, I'm just not an expert at that kind of thing. You only
solution would be to edit ConfigDefs.pl and move "archivemail" from its
current "All" section to the corresponding bit of "First". Sorry about that.

Stephen Conway wrote:

>Hello:
>
>We are trying to set up a rule, that will archive mail from a certain email
>address, to another email address, but we don't want to send the archived
>message if the message arrived from the 'Archive' address.  Ex:
>
>FromOrTo:       user at domain.com and not FromOrTo archive at domain.com
>archive at domain.com
>
>Please just confirm the proper syntax for 'Not' or the proper method to do
>what we are trying.  We have look through the archives, but so far have not
>found the right rule.
>
>Any assistance is appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Steve Conway