message bodies deleted?

Erik Myllymaki erik.myllymaki at aviawest.com
Fri Mar 18 23:39:55 GMT 2005

The last few days, I have had a few random emails have their
HTML content *mangled* and the prime suspect is Mailscanner.

I archive all mail so I checked with the archived copy - it is fine.

But the copy that eventually got delivered via Exim to Cyrus IMAP isn't.

Most of the HTML is stripped entirely, and it won't render in the email client
(Outlook express or Thunderbird).

These are very simple emails, with nothing but text (no links, images, etc.).

Getting the message resent usually is all that's needed. For now I just instruct those
seeing this to "View Message body as Plain Text" instead of "View as HTML" in Thunderbird.

I saw an unresolved thread back in February about virtually the same thing.

I have made no significant changes on this machine since this started.

Thanks for any and all advice.