Releasing from quarantine

Courtney McKee cmckee at MCKEEIT.COM
Thu Mar 17 01:48:06 GMT 2005

Hey all,

  Been using MailScanner in multiple locations for a while now and
I’m very impressed.  Recently I started having the following
problem at a single location:

  1.  Spam is tagged and quarantined.
  2.  Via MailWatch I attempt to release a mis-tagged message.
  3.  I choose release and SA Learn as Ham --> Submit
  4.  I get the following error message:
Quarantine Command Results    Result Messages:
SA Learn: Learned from 0 message(s) (1 message(s) examined).
Error Messages:     Release: error
Error:      Y

   MailScanner doesn’t release the email.  I’ve checked the
mailscanner archives and followed each of the instructions with regard to
Bayes files and directory permissions to no avail.  I tailed the maillog
and messages files and they give no information.
  I’ve compared mailscanner.conf with other sites and they are
exactly the same.  I’ve also done the same with the
spam.assassin.prefs.conf file to no avail.
  At the end of my tether here.  Should I reinstall?  Should I burn the
server down?  I just had a baby last week and frankly I’m at my
wits end.  Suggestions?

--
Courtney McKee