sa-learn hangs -- SOLVED

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki rzewnickie at RFA.ORG
Wed Mar 16 22:51:50 GMT 2005

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 05:38:05PM -0500, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 07:31:29PM -0500, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:
> > I've upgraded to spamassassin 3.0.2. I'm using the fsl
> > spam.assassin.prefs.conf from http://www.fsl.com/support/.
> > As far as I can tell spamassassin is working well with MailScanner
> > 4.39.6.
> > However, trying to run sa-learn to train on spam or ham just hangs.
> > sa-learn --dump magic -p /opt/MailScanner/etc/spam.assassin.prefs.conf
> > works fine and shows that the bayes database is growing as it should
> Maybe this has been discussed recently and I missed it ... But, in case
> anyone else comes across this, I had an old sa-learn in /usr/local/bin
> which comes before the /usr/bin in my PATH. After getting rid of the old
> one everything is fine. Note: even though the old one was getting
> called, it was reporting spamassassin version 3.0.2 I guess because it
> uses the new Mail::SpamAssassin stuff.

Is there any other residue that might have been left behind in the
upgrade from SA 2.64 to 3.0.2 that anyone here has been bitten by?
--
Eric Dantan Rzewnicki  |  Systems Administrator
Technical Operations Division  |  Radio Free Asia