rulesdujour

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Mar 12 14:17:11 GMT 2005

It looks to me as if you are trying to wget a URL that doesn't
work/exist. It is reading a 404 Not Found error page from the web server
instead of the file you asked for.

I would check the contents of the rules files that rulesdujour is
fetching, one of them will be very short and contain the HTML text given
below in the error message you saw.

David Curtis wrote:

>I am at a lost. I run spamassassin
>--prefs-file=/etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf --lint -D
>to find out were my problem lies and here is the information I just
>don't how to correct it or where to look to find out why it fails.
>
>debug: plugin: Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URIDNSBL=HASH
>(0x84eed5c) implements 'parse_config'
>debug: plugin: Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Hashcash=HASH(0x902a6fc)
>implements 'parse_config'
>config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping:
><HTML><HEAD><TITLE>404 Not Found</TITLE></HEAD><BODY><H1>404 Not
>Found</H1>Resource /rdj/barbaz.404.cf not found on this
>server</BODY></HTML>
>config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping:
><HTML><HEAD><TITLE>404 Not Found</TITLE></HEAD><BODY><H1>404 Not
>Found</H1>Resource /rdj/foobar.404.cf not found on this
>server</BODY></HTML>
>
>Any advice would be great.
>
>Thanks,
>David Curtis
>dcurtis at sbschools.net
>(802) 652-7254
>South Burlington School District
>550 Dorset Street
>South Burlington, Vt 05403
>

>This email may contain information protected under the Family
>Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) or the Health Insurance
>Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).  If this email contains
>confidential and/or privileged health or student information and you
>are not entitled to access such information under FERPA or HIPAA,
>federal regulations require that you destroy this email without
>reviewing it and you may not forward it to anyone.

>Before posting, read the MAQ (http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/) and

Julian Field