MailScanner setting score ALL_TRUSTED 0???!!!!

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at COLBY.EDU
Fri Mar 11 03:30:11 GMT 2005

My final configuration, after getting the advice of others on this
list, and staring into my O'Reilly book on Spamassassin, was to
edit the spam.assassin.prefs.conf file, get rid of the
"score ALL_TRUSTED" line, and add in trusted_networks lines for
my trusted machines.  In my case:

trusted_networks 127.0.0.1/32
trusted_networks 137.146.210.56/32

Basically, I only trust my own mail server (the machine that
MailScanner and SA 3.0.2 is running on).  While we have a class-B
network, I don't trust any other machine on our network, and no
other machine in the network is a (valid) mail server anyway.

Jeff Earickson
Colby College