Mail-ClamAV-0.17 out

David Lee t.d.lee at DURHAM.AC.UK
Thu Mar 10 09:53:40 GMT 2005

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, Jeff A. Earickson wrote:

> A new version of the ClamAV perl module is out.  The make test
> failures realted to scanbuff int the test file are now fixed
> (the scanbuff call vanished).  No updates to the Changes file
> though.  Installed and working on my system (Solaris 9).

Thanks.  (Behind the scenes for the last few days, I've been encouraging
Scott Beck, the module's maintainer, to fix both the sets of problems in
the test suite that have been discussed on the list. 0.16 fixed the first
set, 0.17 the second set.)

To confirm:  0.17 builds and tests itself cleanly on systems (Solaris 9
and Fedora Core 3) at my site.  It looks sound.  (In production on FC3
we've been successfully running 0.16 for a few days.  A "diff -r" between
that (0.16) and the brand new 0.17 indicates that the only change is the
removal of the "scanbuff" tests within the test suite itself (so no
differences in what gets installed).

P.S. The difficulties encountered by Peter Russell are different, and look
like being related to his installation, rather than to the module.  I,
too, trip over just such problems as his (failing to compile, then when
that's fixed "make test" giving "Error:  Had problems bootstrapping Inline
module 'Mail::ClamAV'").  But these are because I use slightly non-default
locations, so need to adjust PATH (and, in the case of FC3, LD_RUN_PATH)
locally here.

Hope that helps.

:  Senior Systems Programmer                Computer Centre       :