bayes expire tokens

Kai Schaetzl maillists at CONACTIVE.COM
Wed Mar 9 21:40:45 GMT 2005

Julian Field wrote on         Wed, 9 Mar 2005 17:38:33 +0000:

> Yes, this is definitely a bug. It should disable SpamAssassin and wait
> quietly while the bayes rebuild is done, if that is how it is configured
> (which your system is). Obviously the file lockout I am using is not
> working as I intended. I hope to have a chance to look at this soon.

Julian, I don't know how you do it. But I assume that if the timeout is
reached you call off SA. That stops the expiry. Next time it all starts
over. Since you use SA as a library I suppose you can't simply keep it
"running" by itself (which would be dangerous, anyway). So, I suppose what
you need is add a new function which gets called after MS "feels" SA is
failing to expire and trigger an expiry run of its own which doesn't get
called off. And I think you just hit the same problem here: timeouts. You
have to put a timeout in, so that you don't have it running endlessly
(which can happen!). There is no reason why people which have a high mail
flux could not just sync/expire once or a few times a day via cron. That's
much cleaner than have it happen "suddenly".

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany