MailScanner setting score ALL_TRUSTED 0???!!!!

Mark Nienberg mark at TIPPINGMAR.COM
Wed Mar 9 01:43:17 GMT 2005

Matt Kettler wrote:

> The fundamental cause of ALL_TRUSTED misfiring is SA's trust path code
> being confused by one of two things:
>
>         1) non RFC compliant Received: headers by the local MTA. All MTAs
> supported by MailScanner default to using RFC compliant formats, but some
> people modify them to be invalid.
>
>         2) A network with a NATed gateway MX.
>
> Case 1) needs to be fixed by un-breaking your MTA configuration. Case 2)
> needs to be fixed by setting a correct trusted_netwoks value in your
> local.cf.

My server falls into case 2) and I can confirm that setting the correct
trusted_networks variable makes the ALL_TRUSTED test work fine for me.
The only time it triggers is when a remote user authenticates (sendmail
AUTH/STARTTLS) to send mail through the server.

--
Mark Nienberg, SE
Tipping Mar + associates