Correct/Best MailTools version ?
Michael H. Martel
martelm at QUARK.VSC.EDU
Tue Mar 8 15:27:59 GMT 2005
--On Tuesday, March 8, 2005 2:29 PM +0000 Julian Field
<MailScanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK> wrote:
> I haven't upgraded it as I haven't seen any problems with 1.50. Take a
> look at the MailTools Change Log and let me know if there is anything
> major in there between 1.50 and 1.66.
To my untrained eye, I think I spot some stuff in here that would be
considered major and usefull.
version 1.66: Thu Jan 20 10:16:10 CET 2005
- Extended explanation that Mail::Address is limited.
- Added examples/mail-mailer.pl, contributed by [Bruno Negr?o]
- use Mail::Mailer qw(mail) sets default mailer. Doc update by
- Mail::Mailer::smtp now can authenticate SSL [Aaron J. Mackey]
version 1.65: Wed Nov 24 15:43:17 CET 2004
- Remove "minimal" comments from Mail::Address
- [Dan Grillo] suggested some improvements to Mail::Address::name(),
and some more were added.
- [Slavan Rezic] small typo.
version 1.64: Tue Aug 17 22:24:22 CEST 2004
- CPAN failed to index 1.63 correctly, so hopefully it will
version 1.63: Mon Aug 16 17:28:15 CEST 2004
- [Craig Davison] Fixed date format in Mail::Field::Date to
comply to the RFC
- [Alex Vandiver] patched the email address parser to be able
to understand a list of addresses separated by ';', as Outlook
does. The ';' is the group separator, which was not understood
by MailTools before, but valid according to the RFCs.
- [Torsten Luettgert] found that field labels like '-' where not
- [Slavan Rezic] Updated doc in Mail::Mailer: referred to $command
which doesn't mean anything, and "testfile" is working
- [chris] Mail::Message::Field::wellformedName() will upper-case
*-ID as part in the fieldname.
version 1.62: Wed Mar 24 13:29:27 CET 2004
- [Reuven M. Lerner], removed warning by Mail::Address::host()
when no e-mail address is provided.
- [Ville Skytta] contributed another Mail::Mailer::testfile fix
version 1.61: Wed Mar 10 10:51:44 CET 2004
- [Erik Van Roode] Mail::Mailer::test.pm ->
- [J?r?me Dion] corrected the folding of lines: folds start only
with one blank according to rfc2822.
- Added a big warning against automatic sender email address
detection as provided by Mail::Util::mailaddress(). Please
explicitly set MAILADDRESS. This after a discussion with
- Mail::Address->format should quote phrases with weird character.
Patched based on patch by [Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt]
- [Ruslan U. Zakirov] reported confusing error message when no
MailerType was specified.
- [Steve Roberts] fixed folding to produce longer lines.
version 1.60: Wed Sep 24 09:20:30 CEST 2003
- [Henrique Martins] found that enclosing parenthesis where not
correctly stripped when processing a Mail::Address.
- [Tony Bowden] asked for a change in Mail::Address::name, where
existing (probably correct) capitization is left intact. The
_extract_name() can be called as method, is needed, such that
it can be extended.
version 1.59: Wed Aug 13 08:13:00 CEST 2003
- Patch by [Shafiek Rasdien] which adds Mail::Internet::smtpsend
- [Ziya Suzen] extended Mail::Mailer::test to provide more
- Added SWE (Sender Waranted E-mail) as abbreviation in field
names which is always in caps, on request by [Ronnie Paskin]
- Added SOAP and LDAP as abbreviation in field names which is
always in caps.
version 1.58: Tue Jan 14 14:42:29 CET 2003
- And again utf8 [Philip Molter]
version 1.57: Tue Jan 14 09:47:46 CET 2003
- Added myself to the copyright notices... dates needed an update
- Typos in Mail::Internet [Florian Helmberger]
- More tries to program around perl5.8.0's uc/lc-utf8 bugs in
regexps [Autrijus Tang and Philip Molter]
version 1.56: Mon Jan 6 17:13:17 CET 2003
- And again, the patches of Autrijus had to be adapted to run on
a perl 5.6.1 installation. Thanks to [Philip Molter]
version 1.55: Mon Jan 6 08:05:58 CET 2003
- One explicit utf8::downgrade for 5.8.0, this time for
Mail::Address by [Autrijus Tang].
version 1.54: Mon Jan 6 08:00:00 CET 2003
- Another try to avoid the utf8 problems, this time by
- Two explicit utf8::downgrades for 5.8.0, this time for
Mail::Field by [Autrijus Tang].
version 1.53: Mon Dec 9 17:53:27 CET 2002
- New try on work-around for bug in perl 5.8.0 unicode \U within
s/// Patched in Mail::Header by [Autrijus Tang]
version 1.52: Fri Nov 29 13:52:00 CET 2002
- Work-around for bug in perl 5.8.0 unicode \U within s///
Patched in Mail::Header by [Autrijus Tang]
version 1.51: Tue Oct 29 14:25:28 CET 2002
- Mail::Util::maildomain() if no information about domains
is found in sendmail.cf, no error should be reported.
- Removed the possibility to use 'mailx', which was the
default: removal from the detectionn routines and
Strongly suggested by [Sebastian Krahmer]
Michael H. Martel | Systems Administrator
michael.martel at vsc.edu | Vermont State Colleges
http://www.vsc.edu/~michael | PH:802-241-2544 FX:802-241-3363
------------------------ MailScanner list ------------------------
To unsubscribe, email jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk with the words:
'leave mailscanner' in the body of the email.
Before posting, read the MAQ (http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/) and
the archives (http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html).
Support MailScanner development - buy the book off the website!
More information about the MailScanner