RFC: CRM114 intergration something that some would use?

Felix Schwarz Felix.Schwarz at WEB.DE
Mon Mar 7 09:48:16 GMT 2005

Hi all,

Julian Field wrote:
> How about a SpamAssassin plugin for CRM114? They already have the
> architecture in place, and it would create far less work for me!

I looked into this and found a sample CRM114 plugin for SpamAssassin
(written by Eugene Morozov). But I'm seeing three issues with pluging
CRM114 into SpamAssassin:

1. AFAIK it is not possible to return multiple scores based on the
CRM114 rating (such as 10% SPAM, .., 40% SPAM). CRM114 has its own
threshold and can't be influenced by the command line.

2. You cannot modify the mail headers from a SpamAssassin plugin
(okay, it works but it is _very_ scary).

3. You can't get rid of SpamAssassin - and I like getting rid of it
because it uses much RAM and DSPAM (and partly CRM114) are faster and
more accurate after some training.

--
Felix