Outstanding feature/fix requests?

Dan Hollis spamtrap71892316634 at ANIME.NET
Sun Mar 6 22:31:10 GMT 2005

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005, Julian Field wrote:
> Other than a minor cosmetic one I can't reproduce, I don't think I have
> any outstanding requests for fixes.
> Does anyone know of any fixes or features they would like to see, that I
> haven't yet done?

Per-user mailscanner settings, adjustable by individual users?

Right now we have a webpage interface which allows users to individually
set stuff, and it writes the settings to the global mailscanner config
file as root, which is kind of hairy. It's also a huge mess to maintain.

Would be nice if you could specify something like

Virus Scanning = $HOME/.mailscanner/virus-scanning-rules
Allow Password-Protected Archives = $HOME/.mailscanner/zip-scanning-rules

This would allow per-user overrides, but only for specific mailscanner
settings. And it would let us do it in a more secure fashion than having
to have CGIs write to files as root.

One other thing, does mailscanner have to be restarted every time an
included ruleset changes?

-Dan