mcafee extra.dat

Steen, Glenn Glenn.Steen at AP1.SE
Sun Mar 6 22:01:58 GMT 2005

Oh no, never mcafee by itself... That's be as bad as the GSE (....
word starting with a"c" and ending on a "p") situation we used to
have. We use clamav (primary), mcafee and bitdefender. So far,
they've not let anything through:). And, phishing aside, each has
had their moment of glory (being the sole scanner to detect some
virus).

-- Glenn

-----Original Message-----
Sent:   Sun 3/6/2005 7:45 PM
To:     MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject:        Re: mcafee extra.dat
"Steen, Glenn" <Glenn.Steen at AP1.SE> wrote:
>The -e option to mcafee-autoupdate seem to be ... non-functional,

Yes. I'm surprised it's still there. I never worked out how to
automatically find out if there is an extra.dat and if so what its
filename is.

I would not recommend using McAfee by itself if you want
really prompt automatic signature updates.

Tony.
ROCKALL: BAILEY NORTHWEST 5 TO 7, OCCASIONALLY GALE 8 AT FIRST. SHOWERS. GOOD.