OT postfix question

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Sat Mar 5 09:12:35 GMT 2005

Pete Russell wrote:

> Hi i have postfix machines here and i have installed and config them the
> sam eway i always have. But for some reason all messages to root are
> sent to
> root at thehostname.thedomainname
> instead of just
> root
>
> Then instead of mail just goiing to the root account it ends getting
> stuck in a  routing loop. Because i have no local mail delivery and use
> transport maps to route mail to another machine for the thedomainname.
>
> How do i force all system logging to just go to root, instead of
> root at thehostname.thedomainname

Pete

Couple of places to check, first your aliases file. Where are you
aliasing root to?

Secondly, check you main.cf under Sending mail have you set that all
main from this host should be sent from $myhostname or $mydomain?

HTH

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy