[Slightly OT] Phishing detection

Steen, Glenn Glenn.Steen at AP1.SE
Fri Mar 4 18:41:10 GMT 2005

I use mcafee, clamav and bitdefender. Both mcafee and clamav detect
phishing, with clamav being the one catching the most. Bitdefender
does not do phishing, so... fprot isn't alone in this... and not
entirely wrong either. Phishing is after all not really a virus type
of thing. But having the click-happy users I do, I do appreciate that
both clam and mcafee do detect/remove most:-).

I've never seen a phish that clamav missed but mcafee caught.

And if one wants to eb sure any phishing is real obvious, why not use
MS phishing net?

-- Glenn