Virus notifications

Roger Jochem roger at RUDNICK.COM.BR
Tue Mar 1 13:24:02 GMT 2005

Hello, all!

I found my problem with the top viruses not being shown in MailWatch for
Mailscanner. If I disable virus notifications for the administrator, or put
a rule ignoring virus like Bagle, Klez, and others, this viruses are not
shown as top virus in MailWatch. And if I disable my MailScanner rule, I
receive toons of useless messages in my mailbox.

In my rule I was sending myself only viruses found from and inside sender,
and unusual viruses, not the common one (klez, bagle, and others). Is there
some way MailWatch still records all viruses for statistics purpose, and
MailScanner send me a warning only for the virus I defined in the
notices.rules?

Regards

Roger Jochem