Maybe OT: lame server resolving 'x.x.x.x.ipwhois.rfc-ignorant.org'

James Pifer jep at OBRIEN-PIFER.COM
Tue Mar 1 13:16:31 GMT 2005

It's been a while since I've been on the list, and probably time I
update my mailscanner installation, but it's been running pretty well
for quite some time.

Lately I've had some DNS problems, where my DNS server, bind 9, stops
resolving correctly. Restarting the service seems to resolve it for an
undetermined amount of time before it happens again. In troubleshooting
this I found that I am getting tons of these entires in the messages
log:
lame server resolving '2.216.14.194.ipwhois.rfc-ignorant.org'

I've googled and searched mailscanner's archive but so far haven't found
a resolution. I commented these out of spam.lists.conf and reloaded
MailScanner but that didn't seem to be causing it.

#RFC-IGNORANT-DSN               dsn.rfc-ignorant.org.
#RFC-IGNORANT-POSTMASTER                postmaster.rfc-ignorant.org.
#RFC-IGNORANT-ABUSE             abuse.rfc-ignorant.org.
#RFC-IGNORANT-WHOIS             whois.rfc-ignorant.org.
#RFC-IGNORANT-IPWHOIS           ipwhois.rfc-ignorant.org.

Can anyone tell me how to properly stop these messages? I've seen a way
to ignore them, but I'd rather stop them from happening in the first
place.

Any help is appreciated.

James