Best value anti-virus programs

Michele Neylon :: Blacknight Solutions michele at BLACKNIGHT.IE
Tue Mar 1 13:05:32 GMT 2005

> Thats true... There is no free update for the free version...
>  See the Panda's answer to a message I send them:
>
> Right now, Panda Freeware is not entitled to updates for
> being a freeware version.
> As the fact that our freeware users are not able to update
> the virus signature file is also a big concern for us, we
> requested some time ago a change in this process that would
> allow you to work with an actualised antivirus.
> Thanks for your interest in our products and sending us your comments.

I went down the paid route with them about 18 months ago. It was painful. It
made me cry.

You try to contact them and you get back a response which bears no relation
to your query. One might try to argue that it was a language issue, but
considering that I tried dealing with them in 3 different countries I
finally concluded that they were simply "stupid".
I asked for information on accessing the updates etc., which I had paid for.
They refunded my credit card.
Mad!

Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Internet Solutions Ltd