Debian-Postfix install guide

Ugo Bellavance ugob at CAMO-ROUTE.COM
Thu Jun 30 15:58:06 IST 2005

dave wrote:
> Hello,
>     Just read your install guide. I've set up postfix and mailscanner before
> on bsd boxes, but soon i'll do it on a linux machine for contract. I was
> wondering if you could put more coverage of:
> dcc-client pyzor razor and spamassassin
> as you just installed them but i didn't get where you utilized them.

You're right, I forgot to say to that the debian MailScanner.conf has
the setting

Use SpamAssassin = yes

by default.

dcc, pyzor, razor are spamassassin plugins and are used automatically by
SpamAssassin (until 3.1) when installed.

> Also,
> when going through a firewall do you know what ports they use?
> Thanks.
> Dave.

http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:configuration:firewall

Of course, this was a very simple install guide and I wanted to make it
as short as possible. This is why I redirect readers at the Wiki and MAQ
at the end.

Thanks :)