Debian-Postfix install guide

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Thu Jun 30 16:03:17 IST 2005

Ugo Bellavance said:
> Hi,
>
> 	I submitted an install guide for a MailScanner-Postfix setup on Debian
> yesterday here http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/172.  I
> just realized I should have put it in the wiki, but I thought I'd ask
> people here for suggestions/recommendations on this before doing so.  I
> wrote that after my first install on Debian, so Debian/MailScanner gurus
> may have a lot to say on it.
>
> Please feel free to comment here, or at the above URL.

Hi Ugo

Looks good. Having done both Linux and BSD installs (One day I'll be brave
and plunge into Solaris) they are fortunately very similar. In fact if you
have a package manager (.rpm, ports, apt_get, portage etc) once you have
gone and installed the package, the config is just about the same (In fact
I have dropped the same .conf/ .cf files from other set ups in to new
machines for speed. A quick tweak for paths etc and you off!).

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy