Forcing Queue as Apache

Andrews Carl 448 Carl.Andrews at CRACKERBARREL.COM
Tue Jun 14 23:46:06 IST 2005

Try this:
add the user apache to the /etc/mail/trusted-users file.

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Max Kipness
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 4:49 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: Forcing Queue as Apache

> A possible compromise that avoids giving any additional permissions to
> apache would be for the script to dump the quarantined mail into a
> temporary holding queue, and then for a root cron job to check the
> contents once a minute and if it finds mail in the holding queue it
could
> move it into the mail queue and process that particular message.  You
> could even have a script that checks every few seconds if you wanted to
> minimise the delay.

Yes, I documented this as a thought earlier in my original message.

What are the thoughts on running a 3 minute cronjob to do this. Is this
going to be a noticable extra load on the server?

Right now, I've used the Sudo suggestion and it works. Thanks Dennis. I'm
now wondering what kind of security implications this might have.

Thanks,
Max