No mail processed unless I restart MailScanner

Matt Salerno vagabondking at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 23:12:52 IST 2005

Gentoo 2005.1
Perl v5.8.5
MailScanner 4.42.9-1 (tarball from mailscanner.info)
Postfix 2.1.5-r2

I downloaded the install from the website.  I have been using
MailScanner on Redhat boxes for quite some time, and it's great.

Everything is installed to /opt/MailScanner

Postfix is properly configured to put all inbound mail into the hold queue.

MailScanner is set to pick mai up from the queue
Incoming Queue Dir = /var/spool/postfix/hold

When I start MailScanner with the server, mail does not get processed.
 According to the output of ps -ef | grep MailScanner, it is running,
but mail just fills up in the hold queue.  There is nothing in the
maillog, and even almost nothing when I set debug = yes.

When I start MailScanner with the debug, this is all I get:

ozone opt # /etc/init.d/MailScanner start
 * Starting MailScanner ...
Starting MailScanner...
In Debugging mode, not forking...

Same thing if I execute:
/usr/bin/perl -I/opt/MailScanner/lib /opt/MailScanner/bin/MailScanner
/opt/MailScanner/etc/MailScanner.conf

I have Virus and Spam scanning disabled.  I am at a complete loss.
Can I increase the verbosity of the debugging?

Or can anyone point my in any direction?

Thanks.
--
Matthew J. Salerno