4.43.2-1, bug ?

Rakesh rakesh at netcore.co.in
Mon Jun 13 07:29:32 IST 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-13 at 11:26, Dörfler Andreas wrote:
> hi there,
>
> ive updated friday to beta 4.43.2-1.
> since that day i only got 4 mails with viruswarnings.
> in mailwatch blocked virusmails marked as spam, so i download
> the attachment and the internal virusscanner pops up.
> is there something broken or its only me ?
>
> greetings
> andy

Hi Andy,

>From your mail I am assuming that you quarantine your spams as well and
you perform some extra checks like DCC or Razor or Pyzor. In such cases
virus mails are sometimes considered as spams by these extra checks. If
you store/quarantine your spams then virus scanning is not performed on
these mails and are directly quarantined. However if you don't
quarantine virus mails that are detected as spams please enable the

Keep Spam And MCP Archive Clean = yes

in your MailScanner.conf. This will cause MailScanner to perform virus
checks before quarantining the mail.

regards
Rakesh