mailscanner as mailgateway

Damian Mendoza damian at WORKGROUPSOLUTIONS.COM
Mon Jun 13 08:02:27 IST 2005

Hi,

Configure sendmail to function as a gateway - access.db and mailertable.db are critical.

Once you have sendmail working as a gateway, install MailScanner.

If you want a 10 minute installation of Fedora O.S., Sendmail, MailScanner, MailWatch, Web Interface, SpamAssassin 3.x, ClamAV, etc - download ftp://64.186.236.226/pub/spamgate-1.21.iso - burn a CDROM and boot to install components which will build an AntiSpam/Antivirus gateway in 10-15 minutes.

Regards,

Damian Mendoza
http://www.spamgate.us
949 586-2200

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, June 10, 2005 11:57 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: mailscanner as mailgateway

Hallo!

I want to use mailscanner as my mailgateway. Is it possible to follow the
setup in the genral documentation? Or does this only apply if you have
everything on the same box.

I guess there are some challenges if/ when you have to run to instances of
sendmail for instance. I have been reading quite a lot of the documentatin,
but have not been able to find anything specific on this, and I do not want
to start something which is not possible to achieve.

What I want the mailgateway to do is the traditional: Recive mail, scan it
for viruses an spam and then dump it off to the actual mailserver (should
apply for both incoming an outgoing mail ofcourse).

I already have a functioning mailserver with squirrel an some other stuff.
This is working well and I do not want to put anything more into this box.

Hoetos and hint will be highly appreciated!

Bjorn