SLQ Bayes

Dhawal Doshy dhawal at NETMAGICSOLUTIONS.COM
Thu Jun 9 01:46:28 IST 2005

Peter Russell wrote:

>> Here 'localhost' ought to be changed to the server_name that is
>> hosting your database (make sure the server_name is resolvable either
>> via dns or /etc/hosts), unless the database and SA are on the same
>> server.
>>
>> bayes_store_module Mail::SpamAssassin::BayesStore::SQL
>> bayes_sql_dsn DBI:mysql:sa_bayes:localhost <== change this parameter
>> bayes_sql_username sa_user
>> bayes_sql_password sa_password
>>
>> Also what does a MailScanner debug for SA have to report?
>>
>> - dhawal
>

> That output is from DB and MailScanner on the same machine. I had
> already tried using the machine name and the fqdn.
>
>  From MaiLScanner debug i get the following.
>
> debug: bayes: Database connection established
> debug: bayes: found bayes db version 3
> debug: bayes: Using userid: 4

** This is the likely problem **
****

> When using the root from the shell i get I am using the same
> spam.assassin.prefs.conf because i have /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
> symlinked to /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf
>

> debug: bayes: Using username: root
> debug: bayes: Database connection established
> debug: bayes: found bayes db version 3
> debug: bayes: Using userid: 6
> <snip>
>
> debug: running uri tests; score so far=0.126
> debug: bayes corpus size: nspam = 19137, nham = 35279

You could probably try the backup / restore once again OR your next
option is sa-learn..

Take all your ham (regular non-spam mail)
sa-learn --ham -p /path/to/spam.assassin.prefs.conf --mbox ham.mbox

Take all your spam
sa-learn --spam -p /path/to/spam.assassin.prefs.conf --mbox spam.mbox

The above commands vary slightly if you are using Maildirs

- dhawal