SLQ Bayes

Peter Russell pete at ENITECH.COM.AU
Thu Jun 9 01:33:58 IST 2005

> Here 'localhost' ought to be changed to the server_name that is hosting
> your database (make sure the server_name is resolvable either via dns or
> /etc/hosts), unless the database and SA are on the same server.
>
> bayes_store_module Mail::SpamAssassin::BayesStore::SQL
> bayes_sql_dsn DBI:mysql:sa_bayes:localhost <== change this parameter
> bayes_sql_username sa_user
> bayes_sql_password sa_password
>
> Also what does a MailScanner debug for SA have to report?
>
> - dhawal

That output is from DB and MailScanner on the same machine. I had
already tried using the machine name and the fqdn.

 From MaiLScanner debug i get the following.

debug: bayes: Database connection established
debug: bayes: found bayes db version 3
debug: bayes: Using userid: 4
debug: bayes: Not available for scanning, only 36 spam(s) in Bayes DB < 200

When using the root from the shell i get I am using the same
spam.assassin.prefs.conf because i have /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
symlinked to /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf

debug: bayes: Using username: root
debug: bayes: Database connection established
debug: bayes: found bayes db version 3
debug: bayes: Using userid: 6
<snip>

debug: running uri tests; score so far=0.126
debug: bayes corpus size: nspam = 19137, nham = 35279