Spam messages processesed several times!

Max Kipness max at KIPNESS.COM
Wed Jun 1 07:46:24 IST 2005

Hello,

I have the latest version of MailScanner and Spamassassin.

Everything was running fine until this morning. The only modifications I
can think of that were done, were the addition/installation of Razor2 and
Pyzor, in addition to DCC that I was already running.

Well, this morning I started noticing that there was always 150 ^Ö 300
messages waiting to be processed. This with a new server with dual Pentium
4 3Ghz processors. Normally I process around 8000 to 10000 spam messages a
day, but when grepping maillog with the count parameter, I got 57,000!
Well it seems that each spam message is being processed several times,
some as many as 83 times. The log will show message XXXXX from IP xxxx is
spam^Å.actions are store^Å.and then it will start the process for the same
message over and over again, or around 60 -80 times.

Anybody ever heard of this?

Thanks,

Max