Putting the wiki in the distributions

DAve dave.list at PIXELHAMMER.COM
Thu Jul 21 14:31:19 IST 2005

Pete Russell wrote:
> Doesnt everyone prefer to read doco and such in thier webbrowser rather
> than in VI or similar?
>
> Its not like anyone who is using mailscanner doesnt have a web enabled
> machine.
>
> If anything then i agree the PDF.
>
> Pete

Depending on what you mean by including the wiki, wouldn't a copy of
MySQL and Apache required on the MailScanner box be required to view it
properly? I would disagree about the Wiki, in my experience most wikis
are out of date and poorly organised. But, I do not know about the
MailScanner Wiki as I have not used it.

On my servers I do not have a way to read a webpage or a PDF. All my
servers are always headless and without X (they are servers not
workstations!)

Given a vote I would opt for a URL to current installation information,
and a plain text copy of the install information. It could be assumed
that the installing admin has some way of accessing the internet off the
  installation host, and that they have some way of reading a plaintext
doc. Vi, Vim, Pico, Less, More, Joe are much more likely to be installed
than a PDF reader.

DAve