Wiki exim request

Thu Jul 21 14:37:19 IST 2005

Ugo Bellavance wrote:
> Christian Schmidt wrote:
>
>>Hello Ugo,
>>
>>Ugo Bellavance, 20.07.2005 (d.m.y):

>>>I don't know exim at all.  I can't write that in the wiki this way :(.
>>>Could you write to the list the complete procedure with an example
>>>snippet,
>>

>>This snippet has to be placed in the ROUTERS section of the
>>configuration file that configures the "delivering" instance of exim,
>>i.e. the instance that MailScanner "passes" the mails to after
>>scanning for viri and spam.
>>
>># Router for eMails to some.special.domain:
>>special_router:
>>  driver = manualroute
>>  domains = some.special.domain
>>  transport = remote_smtp
>>  route_list = "* some.special.host"
>>
>>This tells exim that mail to addresses with the domain part
>>"some.special.domain" shall be delivered via a "manualroute" to the
>>host "some.special.host".
>>This router must be placed first in the ROUTERS section. The above
>>example is a very minimalistic one, but it works for me...
>>
>>More information can be found in the docs on <http://www.exim.org>.
>>There are examples, too...
>>
>>Regards,
>>Christian Schmidt
>>

> Thanks Christian.  I suppose this is for exim4.  Is exim3 still widely
> in use?
>
> I'll put that up on the wiki if there is no one against.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ugo

Ugo

unfortunate Exim 3 is still widely used (esp as Debian Sarge has just
gone stable and woody is ages old) . But the official line from the exim
developers is "UPGRADE, V3 is no longer supported" so I think we should
stick with that. :-)

Martin Hepworth
Senior Systems Administrator
Solid State Logic Ltd