MCP & quarantine

Quentin Campbell Q.G.Campbell at NEWCASTLE.AC.UK
Thu Jul 21 14:28:59 IST 2005

Steve

Thanks for that. It is now working. Serves me right for not checking the
MailScanner.conf file for the correct action string.  :-(

However what confused the issue is that MS does not object to the use of
"quarantine" in MailScanner.conf as an "action".

After changing "High Scoring MCP Actions = delete" to "High Scoring MCP
Actions = quarantine" and restarting MS, the logs said

"Jul 21 13:21:19 cheviot7 MailScanner[29834]: MCP Actions: message
j6LCLGBi011126 actions are quarantine"

This appears to be a bug in 4.43.2. I would expect MailScanner to have
objected to an invalid action (quarantine) in MailScanner.conf when it
was restarted after the change described above.

Quentin
---
PHONE: +44 191 222 8209    Information Systems and Services (ISS),
                           University of Newcastle,
                           Newcastle upon Tyne,
FAX:   +44 191 222 8765    United Kingdom, NE1 7RU.