Question about relay and costs

Dhawal Doshy dhawal at NETMAGICSOLUTIONS.COM
Tue Jul 12 19:20:46 IST 2005

Max Kipness wrote:

> This is very interesting, I will configure this way.
>
> One question I have about two servers configured with MailScanner, though?
> What about the configurations of the two servers? For example, the bayes
> db, white and black lists, storage of quarantines, etc. Right now I have a
> program that allows users to add to a white/black list by forwarding
> received emails. I also have created a web based quarantine review and
> release app.

sharing across servers!!

Bayes: use Bayes_SQL (this will be the recommended method SA 3.1.0 onwards)

Blacklists / Whitelists / Quarantine: Have you seen mailwatch
(http://mailwatch.sf.net), the new version takes care of lists (black/
white and server independent quarantine management via xml-rpc)

> A neat addition to MailScanner would be a replication feature so you could
> have MailScanner servers in different geographical locations for the same
> domain.

This already exist via LDAP, you could store MailScanner.conf attributes
in LDAP and access it locally (and replicate via slurpd), you'll need to
check the list archives for how this can be done OR if don't want to
touch LDAP (and have daemon dependency) have a look at cfengine.org
(though it might be a steeeeep learning curve)

- dhawal